Friday, August 25, 2006

new laptop!

. . . But I prefer my old one! Dell was having a sale on laptops so I got my new one for $485 plus a free printer. However, the thing looks like it's from the stone age. I think it's supposed to be faster than my old one but my old laptop actually feels faster than this new one!!

Now I have to set it up with the software that my university uses for administrative things. Don't have all my fave websites either, but I suppose I'll build all that up again.

But no complaints! It's nice having my own computer again. Trying to use the dorm's public computers has been a pain. Apparently most ppl here have computers, but many of them like to use the public ones. Haven't actually started writing yet, but will soon. Am waiting for the building manager to put in a large bookshelf in the office space I share with 3 other students so I can arrange my books.

I start teaching on Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Yea! Welcome back to modern living!! I know how much it sucks not having a computer at your disposal!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:31 PM

    waaaahhh...shock la you...ada PC baru, :)

    btw, can u list down some good Lit links/blogs? i think I need to balance all the daily 'theologising' I get/do online...also to keep sane.

    just re-watched Good Will Hunting the other day. "Once more to the breach, dear friends". - where is that from?

    ReplyDelete