Sunday, May 20, 2007

disappointment with nasal irrigation . . .

I have a cold. I'm really bummed out because I thought if I washed my sinuses daily it would help keep colds at bay. Well, I'm sick now and even though I think washing my sinuses helps me breathe better . . . I'm still sick! And even Zicam isn't doing that great a job of helping me breathe. I'm not coughing very much, certainly, but . . . I'm still sick!!!!!

Someone really needs to come up with a cure for the common cold. Or at least give me a new nose--one that doesn't catch colds this easily!!!!!!!!!!

I'm moving out of T-House on Monday, and will be staying at H's house for the next week because I can't move into my summer sublet until Monday. The slightly awkward thing about this is that H is leaving for Burma (to do research) on Tues, and I don't really know her husband and son (about 8?) very well. They're lovely and I'm VERY thankful that they're being so generous but I also feel odd being in their space when their mom (friend H) isn't going to be around. I'll probably take the bus to campus in the morning and return only at night.

This is why I cannot wait to settle down into my own apartment and leave behind this peripatetic lifestyle.

5 comments:

  1. peripatetic... I used to know what that means... I swear, the longer I'm out of school, the wider the smart gap gets between me and my erudite friends...

    anyway, get well soon! have fun this summer... it does sound a bit awkward ; ) I'd probably make myself scarce, too : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm losing all social skills . . . and all desire to be with ppl who require me to have social skills . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. but your vocab rocks!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:53 PM

    hey, i heard that word during examination times...the peripatetic is the one that goes around checking if the classes ok...though i don't think i know how you used it, ;>)

    take more Vit C?

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think there are two meanings to the word, one refers to aristotlelian (sp??) philosophy, but the way i'm using it is "itinerant" . . . :)

    everyone seems to be pretty impressed with that one word!

    ReplyDelete