Wednesday, May 30, 2007

lots of news, but only one bit right now




I've been plenty busy since my last post, and plenty tired too . . . :) But I think I'm now settled for the summer, and ready to work again! ANXIOUS to work again because I have a deadline!!

Anyway, I'll write more soon about what I've been thinking about recently, hopefully, but this is my biggest (and most expensive!) news: I BOUGHT A CAR! I bought it yesterday.

It's a used car again, but this time I paid a LOT more for the car . . . $5,800 for a 2004 Hyundai Elantra. The engine and transmission are still under Hyundai's warranty for the next 7,000 miles! What I paid is about $2,000 less than what Kelly Blue Book lists for a car like this, but that's because it's been in a small accident and it will be difficult for me to re-sell it when I'm done with the car.

This was definitely an expensive purchase for me, but since I will be saving the $300 in rental car fees (I'm going to B_tes College for reunion next week), I figured that the car *really* only cost me $5,500 and I'm really praying that I won't have to make any major repairs while I own the car.

3 comments:

  1. Nice car! Enjoy it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! i'm a bit nervous still because it's the biggest purchase i've ever made in my life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a beautiful car, Z! And you bought it at such a great price! How exciting for you : )

    ReplyDelete