Thursday, November 01, 2007

not too cute

I was driving a few House-members to the mall tonight so they could buy decorations for our formal dinner on Friday, and I hit a deer. Deers are considered pests in this area because there are so many of them and they like to run across roads at night. I saw one coming across the road and I slowed down but I couldn't stop because I didn't know if there was a car behind me. For a second, the deer looked like it was going to turn away, then it changed its mind and ran straight in front of my car.

Luckily, I was going slow enough that it wasn't a huge impact so all of us were fine. The deer wasn't so fine (it died), and my hood is now dented. I'll have to bring my car to the shop tomorrow to have my mechanic check it out. Sigh.

5 comments:

  1. Omigod, that's my worst driving nightmare! Well, after myself getting hurt or something. Ugh. SOOO sorry you had to experience that... deers are crazy animals, aren't they? It's their indecision that kills 'em. Glad YOU're okay. Happy halloween : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. ouch ... I can't imagine how I would feel if I even hit a chicken ... ! Glad you are okay and that this won't give you nay nightmares. You don't need another reason to have restless nights

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, this is my second worst driving nightmare . . . my worst driving nightmare is hitting a person . . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And may you never live out that nightmare!! That is a really scary thought! *brrrr*

    ReplyDelete
  5. True! Okay, but hitting an animal is in my top ten worst driving nightmares. I've run over an already-dead animal before on accident and I nearly had a conniption fit.

    ReplyDelete