Saturday, November 17, 2007

completely unproductive

only fell asleep last night at about 3am. sigh. wasn't very productive during the day, felt like a complete failure (what's new?), and didn't have a good badminton session either. spent the rest of the night feeling like a complete failure in all areas of my life. woke up late, then spent the morning waiting for the car inspector from my insurance company to do his job. his quote for the repairs is $1090, out of which $250 i have to pay for.

that means my insurance company will pay $840 worth of repairs, so they wrote me a check. if i don't make the repairs, or if i repair it without reporting it to the insurance company (for less than $840 and i pocket the rest), that's legal, but if i hit the front of my car again, the insurance company won't pay for any more repairs.

some of my friends would tell me to either

(1) don't make the repairs and pocket the $840
(2) repair it for less and pocket the change

because cars depreciate and it's not worth doing body work. i'm just worried if i do hit a deer again and if there's actually damage to my lights or engine--then i'll be paying it all myself.

sigh. so my entire morning is gone, with no work done, and i have to bring in my car to the shop this afternoon. great. this weekend is also pretty much taken up with things that i can't avoid.

on the bright side, someone's baked a russian tea cake for our christian fellowship meeting tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh. I hate dealing with that stuff. Do what you want to do. I got in a wreck the year before last and I was expecting my car insurance to pay for everything, but then I found out that when my dad switched his insurance policy he accidentally switched mine, too, even though my policy is separate and I pay for it on my own, I'm in the same account as my family for some reason... anyway, because of his mistake I didn't get the money and I'm driving around in a wrecked-up hoopdie!! So as stressful as your situation is, be grateful that you're at least getting the money : )

    ReplyDelete