Sunday, November 11, 2007

touched

Yesterday, my pilates instructor walked over to me before class started and asked me if I was okay. She said I seemed very quiet the past two sessions and she was wondering how I was doing.

I literally did a double-take when she said that. First, I didn't realize she even paid attention to me, and second, I guess I've had a lot on my mind this week. Being used as a "punching bag" really upset me, and I also realized that there was a glaring typo in the writing samples I've mailed out.

I was just really surprised that someone I didn't even really know could tell something was wrong.

5 comments:

  1. yes, she's really very inspiring!!! her classes are big too . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Z! It's probably the day-after your special day (f have my date right?!) by the time you read this since I'm writing it a little past nine o' clock, but I made it on my coast : )

    I hope that things are going better for you. Sounds like it's been a very trying semester. On the upside, you do seem to be getting your voice back, though. I don't get online as much as I used to, and coming back now I've noticed a marked difference in your tone... although you seem to be really down and stressed, you don't seem as lost as you did this summer and that's a good thing. Hang in there! Big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) thanks, cat! you're right, i'm not so lost right now.:):):) i think hitting on my dissertation topic has really given me focus and direction in life . . . isn't that funny? :)

    i'm glad you can hear it in my (writing) voice. although, i think you can detect it because you know me so well! :)

    ReplyDelete