Wednesday, November 14, 2007

back on track?

Played badminton yesterday and would really like to be regular again. I was sore and achey all over after that but I was also happier than I thought I would be. I guess I'd forgotten how happy it makes me.

Also starting to read for the dissertation again. Reading on "forgiveness" in philosophy and political theory now. Hopefully the books I've picked up from the library will be helpful. I tend not to like social science books; I really do love literature more than anything else.

I don't actually want a job now. I need more time to think and write!! Friend J who is a prof just wrote me saying that she's actually missing grad student life, and feels that teaching is taking her away from thinking and writing. Sigh.

They're re-paving the road that leads from the dorm out to the main street--FINALLY! There are so many potholes I often feel like I'm driving through a kampung road. Construction in Ithaca never ceases because the change in temperatures especially during the winter causes the streets to expand and contract. But I'm really happy they're doing our street now.

4 comments:

  1. exercise produces endorphines (have I got his right?) and it is related to "feling good"

    Exercise produces the 2nd best thing natural feel good drug

    The first of course is ... sex :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so why are some married couples so unhappy???? :)

    some grad students who are married say that their marriage helps them through grad school. other couples' marriages are broken down by graduate school. i suppose it depends on how supportive the spouse is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh ... this reply might be a little R rated ... :-)


    I think good sex like exercise involves nore than just the physical aspect - the enjoyment comes through commitment and passion!


    My suspicion is that some unhappy married couples DO NOT have a satisfying sex life - it's more a physical thing that is about duty etc and sex is used in a carrot and stick manner. Probably also the attitude and actions in the sexual intercourse would be more selfish than selfless ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'll keep these in mind. :)

    ReplyDelete