Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving Break

Thanksgiving always reminds me of genocide, but never mind.

Went up to Rochester for a couple of nights to visit a fellow Malaysian who is now working there. It was about a 2-hr drive, which is a very short drive by US standards. I'll probably go down to NYC at some point in Dec to renew my passport and visit with friends there.

My friend and I cooked and ate and watched DVD's all day and night . . . I still don't feel like working. And of course, I have a pile of work that never seems to diminish. The more work you do, the more work there is.

I don't want to work anymore.
I don't want a job.

4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. I'm falling into slacker mode and so far it's quite nice...

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS

    Happy Belated Thanksgiving : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard that Black Friday in the USA is the day after Thanksgiving where the average spending on that day is US800 per citizen.

    Is the reason just because it is early Christmas shopping bargain time or something else?

    ReplyDelete
  4. cat: yeah, i just want to be a slacker . . . for the rest of my life!!!!! :p

    paul: black friday is a crazy spending day! the outlet mall about 45 mins from my town opened at 12am, and the news footage showed lines snaking out of the stores! the other stores open at 4am, and ppl usually line up for a few hours before that for the good deals.:)

    that, and also christmas shopping . . . my friend and i went to the mall at about 10am, and they still had good deals. got a pair of nice pants (teaching) for $10. :) the lines were still long even then, so i can't imagine what it was like earlier in the day.

    ReplyDelete