Saturday, March 01, 2008

one cycle over

Well, I wrote to the C college and turned down their job offer. And I turned it down not knowing if I will have funding for next year. This is not how I usually make my life decisions. Usually, I have all my cards in place and every thing is more or less lined up. This is a big leap of faith for me.

When I was visiting with my cousin and her husband in Singapore, we watched the Singaporean version of the American game show "Deal, or No Deal?," and that was my introduction to the game show.

Now, I feel like that game show perfectly describes my life. I just told The Banker, "No Deal."

3 comments:

  1. Positively, this might simply be an act of faith based on conviction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) it is based on conviction . . . i am pretty sure if i take this job, i will become very complacent. it's a very "safe" job that will probably make me lazy.

    but at the same time, now that i've made this decision, i really have to be sure that what i end up doing is for work that is meaningful.

    i think you know what i mean. :)

    ReplyDelete