Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Adrenaline that comes from teaching.

Class discussion went pretty well today, and I was reminded again of why I am in this business. I left the classroom really pleased and happy. I think if I am able to teach in the future, I'd want a class slot that starts at about 10am--students are awake, it's early enough that I don't spend a lot of time on class prep, and I finish teaching early enough in the day that I'm energized to keep working.

The last few days were really stressful because I heard rumors on Sunday night that the department may not fund those of us who will be in our 7th years. Well, I'm still keeping my fingers and toes crossed. Sigh.

10:47pm -- I must say that I've been at peace all day, and that's been a real gift.

1 comment:

  1. Peace ... I loved the story about the painting that was titled "peace" captured the idea of peace of a bird in a nest sheltered in the background of a scene that depicted a fierce storm and crashing waves

    ReplyDelete