Thursday, November 13, 2008

withdrawal symptoms

Should've paid $5 extra for 2-day shipping so that my new baby would be delivered by Friday. Now I have to wait until Monday for it to come!!

This Friday, I also have a professional engagement that requires me to be voluble about my work. Don't want to go into that here. I'm so nervous, but I recognize that this is a good opportunity for me to learn to speak without having my brain shut down on me. The part where my brain shuts down isn't really within my control though.

Maybe I should find a job that doesn't require me to open my mouth.

2 comments:

  1. a lecturer that does not open her mouth? hmmmm.... only one I can think of ... stephen hawking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know. when i first started teaching, i lost 2 pounds the week before i had to meet my students. after so many years and so many classes, i still get a little nervous but i usually do okay.

    unfortunately, i've avoided speaking in public among colleagues and senior profs. today, i confront that fear!

    ReplyDelete