Monday, June 11, 2018

struggle

I was listening to a sermon by Pastor Steven Furtick this morning. Furtick suggests perhaps that sometimes God doesn’t give us some things so quickly because we won’t see just how much grace we actually need.

God could’ve stopped the apostle Paul from killing Christians in the blink of an eye, but by allowing Paul to go on until the appointed time, Paul realized the depth of his need for Christ. In letting time pass before stopping Paul from persecuting Christians, God was setting up the stage.... Just think about the implications of this for five minutes.

This is really hard for me to accept because I so wish I had been healed earlier. I so wish that spiritual revival had come earlier, and that even now, spiritual renewal would go much faster than it's going. think snail's pace.

But God is God. If God decided to wait before He intervened in Paul's life, who am I that He’s not going to wait when it comes to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment