Thursday, November 16, 2006

fragile

I don't really write about my life in detail because I can't. So much happens, and so much evokes such depths of emotion in me; written words are inadequate.

What prompts this post is actually the imminent departure of one of the faculty guests in our house. She has only been with us for a month, but many of us will miss her greatly. We should hold her hostage; too bad about her students at UCLA. We need her more. Her plane leaves tomorrow afternoon at 3pm, and so I thought we would see her for lunch in our dining room. But she looked at us and said, no, she doesn't think she can do lunch. She refuses to say goodbye.

What measures of grace in my life.

1 comment:

  1. I hate good-byes, too! Life's just a lot nicer with only hellos. Sorry she's leaving, but look forward to your next hello! Maybe you can visit her (in LA- yay!)

    ReplyDelete