Friday, November 10, 2006

predictions

Sh*t has indeed hit the fan. Blind-sided kind of sh*t hitting the fan. Not able to talk about it, but boy, this week is fun, fun, fun. Persons X and Y are involved, but it also involves Person A and B.

Also, problem student has resurfaced, and that's it, I will not put up with that student's nonsense anymore. In general, the student has a very mistaken idea about college and its people, and how to treat people who work for colleges. That's annoying at best, but when there are all sorts of stuff going on already, the student's lack of respect and unreasonable requests does not help that student achieve what the student wants to achieve (which is a C in the class).

The student missed the appointment this morning, which was at 10:15am. I was there until 11:15 meeting with other students. The student writes at 2:04pm, asking me where I was, that said student was looking for me, and that said student was there within THE HOUR and missed the appointment because another appointment ran over time. Why is the student lying? And in any case, does the student think that all I have to do is sit there and wait for said student for an hour?? Please! If my profs are in their offices when they say they will be, I count myself lucky! I can't count on them to wait for me for more than 10 minutes at the most!!

These are the first 2 sentences of said student's most recent paper:

"The Magistrate has the common sense (pg 3) to view justice as a depository of conscientious motives; he is a sophisticated government official who has a collective awareness of what is appropriate moral behavior and uses those guidelines to live. His common sense connects to his conscience whereas his superiors who head the Empire have a collective common sense that is not reasonable. "

Lest you think my life is absolutely horrible (overwhelming, perhaps, but not horrible), I should confess that another house-member spent about an hour and a half last night trying to explain quantum mechanics, general relativity and black holes to me. That was pretty fun, actually.

BUT, we also do have the second-round admissions meeting scheduled for this Saturday, regular house-meeting on Sunday (followed by a film viewing I have to run for the class I teach), AND THEN, an emergency house-meeting on Monday night to discuss the debacle involving Persons X, Y, A, and B.

Hmmm, maybe my life is horrible, after all.

4 comments:

  1. Yuck. Hang in there. There's nothing more lovable than a diva. That student is insane. He(?) needs to be checked! Re-schedule another appointment, but don't show up, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:55 PM

    sooooo........the cat is out of the bag about X, Y, A and B?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:19 PM

    At least the experiences are free ... thank God for postgrad grants!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Sze Wei : )

    ReplyDelete