Thursday, June 28, 2007

distractions

I guess I forgot to mention that I've been working furiously on the dissertation chapter that's due this upcoming Monday. I've had ugly moments of being close to tears, and then moments of sheer joy--usually if I meet my page quota for the day--and in between the rolls and rises of dissertation writing, I'm learning to enjoy cooking. Miracle of miracles.

Hey, when I have to choose between making a meal and writing the next sentence, making the meal is way more fun!! Right now, I'm testing out my friend's bread-machine (the friend who sublet-ed her room to me) but unfortunately, because I didn't press the pan down into the machine, the thing sat there for a whole hour before I unplugged the machine and tried to figure out why nothing seemed to be happening. Now my oatmeal bread won't be done until 1am, at which point I hope to be very fast asleep.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting some work done consistently ... :-)
    I have a bunch of things to do but motivation kinda low ... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ??? uncle paul, you seem to be very busy and active every single day!!!! what are you talking about????

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am talking about how one has a bunch of things to do and you know which are the priorities (whether it is an old fashionedd "to do list" or Covey's 4 quadrant activities?

    Well I am doing mostly astuff on my 2nd level priority list as some of the 1st level stuff is just too daunting :-)

    Not to say I am wasting my time and that I am not getting important and significant things done but that there are some things I am still not doing that I should ....Like? exercising consistently! hahahaha ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your work-reward system! We all have to have something to look forward to : )

    ReplyDelete