Friday, June 29, 2007

in a bad shape

The night before last, I think I only fell asleep at 3am, dunno why. As a result, was very tired yesterday and could hardly write.

Last night was worse. I was up until 5am, and got up at 8am. I do know why I couldn't sleep but I'm not in the right frame of mind to say why (and esp not on a blog!). Suffice it to say that I called friend Naomiobi in the middle of the night and blubbered at her for a bit before I could even begin to explain the story. I felt better after that, but I still couldn't completely let go.

Woke up this morning and felt the same way, but I am taking steps to try and get over this. It's not easy, and I wish I didn't have this on my mind when I'm trying to finish this draft that's due on Monday.

6 comments:

  1. Hang in there. Sounds like you're in the throes (sp.) of some sort of existential crisis...

    Keep your chin up, Z! Things will get better : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I might take your advice at some point and tell certain folks to take a hike. :)

    That's all I'm going to say about it.

    p.s - thanks, Cat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:18 AM

    drat. we should have prayer last night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will be ok ... somehow you always pull through by the grace of God and sheer doggedness :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. naomiobi: hahaha, yeah, we forgot!!

    uncle paul: well, if there's one thing about me that most people agree on, it's my stubbornness!!! :D

    I'm actually feeling a bit better now, and no, despite my threat, I'm not going to tell anyone to take a hike. I had a good talk with my counselor, and of course, that's helpful but it's not like waving a magic wand. It's just all going to take time (and grace).

    I think the poor guy was a bit worried for awhile because I don't think I've ever been this upset!! hahahaha . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen, sister! I hope you do!! Although, after reading the rest of your comments, I don't think you will ; )

    You just DO YOU and you'll be ok.

    ReplyDelete