Sunday, June 24, 2007

mulberries




I've been getting annoyed about parking my car in the backyard. Of course, I love having off-street parking because my summer sublet is on one of the busy streets of Ithaca, and on a pretty steep hill, no less. BUT, after I got back from Maine, I had my car washed and the morning after, my car was covered in bird poop and dark purple berry splats.

However, once I got over my annoyance, I realized that the berry splats came from the mulberries dropping by the hundreds from the mulberry tree in our backyard! So my roommate and I went out with bowls and harvested a whole lot. She took these three pictures.

Unfortunately for me as I found out, mulberries give me the runs. Well, at least these ones did. So no more mulberries for me. It's a pity because they're apparently very good for immune systems. And we all know just how often I catch colds.

I also need a haircut desperately but I'm too cheap to spring for one just yet. I'll wait until either the Fall semester. Or, maybe when I get a job interview (haha, yeah right). I guess it doesn't matter too much since I'm trying to grow it out. Short hair is nice except for the fact that I have to get it cut every month.

(I've decided that I can't do much with my round face.)

3 comments:

  1. What car did you get? You didn't tell us. How come your friends from college are still in Maine? Mine have mostly left Louisiana!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i did! the pictures are on my facebook AS WELL AS on a post below (scroll down). can't believe you haven't seen my "grown-up" car yet. :p

    no, no, most of my college friends have left maine . . . but i'm still friends with my profs and the bookstore staff (i worked there). so they're my friends who are still there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mulberries- yummy : ) Sux you can't enjoy them. Your hair looks fine! I agree that short hair is just too much maintenance! It's actually easier to just wear hair longer.

    ReplyDelete