Monday, February 18, 2008

forgetful

Last week, I forgot to blog about the biggest change in my life: I moved OUT of T-house!!!!

Those of you who know something about my life here in Ithaca for the past one and a half years know that I live in a scholarship dorm that is a mix of undergrads, grads, and two faculty guests. It's been a huge time commitment and last year especially was filled with a lot of inter-personal drama. The past semester was much better but I just couldn't bear to be there anymore.

I decided last Sunday to move out of T-house completely and I am now living with a friend from the Christian fellowship group I attend. Life has been much more pleasurable since the move, and I actually stayed in my fellowship meeting until pretty much the end! Since moving into T-house, I never had the energy to stay past worship.

Now, I really need the friendship and company of adults because the anxiety hasn't really abated despite everything I know theoretically about trust and faith.

Oh yes, my roommate and I live in a trailer about a 10-minute drive from campus. It's actually very quiet and peaceful out here. I am paying more for gas but so far it's worth it.

3 comments:

  1. You're living in a trailer?
    A few pixs? What is it like ... sounds really interesting

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahah . . . . when i told my friends where i was living, they fell to the ground laughing. will explain that in another post, and i will try to put pictures up.

    will also get back to you on the question of how one defines "the left" at some other point. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:21 AM

    i'm glad that you're happier :)
    and i LOVE that trailer. one of the most cozy places on earth!

    ReplyDelete