Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Pressing question

My trip to the "left coast" (although, I wasn't in an area that was terribly "left," I don't think) last week was tiring but fun. My hotel was on the beach, across the wharf, and I saw beautiful sunsets and sunrises. After my final meeting there, I had time to take an hour-long walk on the beach at sunset, and that made me so happy and content.

Still, the question of calling remains preeminent. I know that if they offer the job to me, and if I accept, I willhave a very nice life in a very nice town (expensive, too). VERY NICE. But I think I would be talking only to C people, and I would forget how to talk to non-C people after a year.

In summary, I know what I do not want to do. But the most pressing question remains: What is my vision for my life?

Perhaps that will change as I walk on, I don't know. I need to spend some time reflecting on this question.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:47 AM

    once you find out what you don't want and what you want. surrender it all at the cross. ask God what His vision for you is. and be willing to accept that it may be very different from what you expected, or thought you wanted. these are not easy words to hear, i know, but believe me, i'm speaking from experience.

    -naomiobi

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, if God would hurry up and tell me what He wants already, I wouldn't be in this dilemma!! All I'm hearing now is WAIT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since there is nothing inherently morally right or wrong in accepting or rejecting this job offer.

    You have to decide what you want.
    I think it is basically what you want to do. God is "netural" here as He has given you a free choice.

    You do not have to choose a tougher assignment in order to please God.

    ReplyDelete