Saturday, February 23, 2008

literally sick and tired

Much news, but no posts because I've been struggling with a bad cough, teaching responsibilities, and random meetings and lectures that seem to take away all my time.

Tomorrow is a fun day--we're going down to Corning (1 hr and 15 mins away) for a 1-day badminton tournament. That is, it'll be fun if I can actually play with coughing every two minutes. Hopefully I'll cough between points. Still, I know I won't be a great partner because it's hard to concentrate and my body just isn't up for a whole day's worth of play. I'm tired out. Sigh.

Okay, I'll tell my news but I won't explain how I'm considering my decisions right now because I'm just too tired. The univ closer to home didn't make me an offer, but the C college did. Talking to different profs now about the wisdom of taking the C college offer, and two of the two profs I've managed to meet with this week both think it won't be wise. But at the same time, we won't know if I will have funding at C_rne__ for the next year.

My director of graduate studies says he will do his absolute best for me, but he can't promise me anything. Still, even if there is only one extra funding package left, I suspect I will be at the top of the list, for reasons I won't go into now.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:26 PM

    all the best and stay healthy.
    btw, my colleague will be playing in the tournament tomorrow too! JLee

    ReplyDelete
  2. have fun at the tournament - focus your frustrations on the shuttlecok and you'll win!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) actually, my cold got much worse as a result of yesterday . . . spent the entire day in bed.

    i think it's good though. at least, i hope that the bedrest i got today will help me get better very, very soon!!!!

    lots of thoughts in my mind.

    ReplyDelete