Friday, January 09, 2009

a measure of relief

Wow, I am so glad that I'm only teaching one class per quarter. Teaching a new class is a lot of work and I'm teaching a new class each in the Winter (now) and Spring quarters. I need to start working on the syllabus for the Spring quarter soon because I will be presenting at conferences in Boston and London the week before I begin teaching in the Spring quarter.

Regular faculty teach anywhere between two to three classes per semester/quarter and they have committee work, faculty meetings, and student advising. Even though I'd like to have job security, a part of me is happy that I'm a postdoc fellow this year.

3 comments:

  1. So what is the course you are teaching called / titled?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Race, Religion, and the Nation."

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds very interesting. Any recommended text books?

    ReplyDelete