Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Thanksgiving. Again.

The last few weeks have been stressful because I had to turn in the hard copy of a seminar paper to my postdoc group, finalize the syllabus for the class I'm teaching, and write an additional 10 pages to read out loud at my seminar presentation.

Yesterday, I had to teach in the morning and in the afternoon, present my additional 20 mins of new thoughts (it takes 2 minutes to read out one page), and was subsequently grilled for the rest of the 2-hour session. Now my body feels like it is coming out of a long illness.

But it was all so much fun.

I took as many notes as I could when people were talking and was mad when I realized this morning that I had left the USB with the file at home. My thoughts are all chaotic still and I want to go back to the questions and comments that were raised. If I can come up with roadmap for revisions, I think I will be working very steadily for the rest of my time here. Some people joked that when I present again next year, they want to see the new (improved) version of the project. A few of the other postdocs said they enjoyed the session too.

I still can't believe how happy I am to be here.

1 comment:

  1. Work has become fun!?! You have arrived! Am very happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete