Thursday, October 12, 2006

beer-pong!

Okay, so this is how you play beer-pong:

Stand across a long-ish narrow table (does not need to be a ping-pong table) from the other player, and line large plastic cups on both ends of the table. I think you can arrange it anyhow you like, but preferably not just in line. more like:

x x x x x

x x x x

x x x

I think. I can't remember really. :p

Anyway.

You can bounce a ping-pong ball toward your opponents end, and if the ping-pong ball enters the cup, your opponent has to drink it. Now, this is where it's different from ping-pong. If you bounce the ball, your opponent can swat it away from the cup, so the goal is to get the ball in without bouncing it. Kinda like throwing it straight into the cup.

I guess you could make it a non-alcoholic game, but I think it's really fun only when your senses are impaired by alcohol--swiping balls or bouncing balls on tables becomes much more fun under those conditions.

NOTA BENE: I don't play this game because I don't really drink, and I hate beer.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun game, Z! I don't really drink beer either, but I might have to just so that I can play that game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't believe you've never played beer-pong! i thought it was some college rite everyone had to go through!!

    c'mon, even i played it!!!!! some hallway in the village.:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, I know.. I'm not a real Batesie, I suppose ; ) I didn't even do the puddle jump!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, but you did some of the other canonical bates parties though . . . i didn't do the puddle jump either . . . or the pub crawl, or the senior streaking at midnight . . .

    ReplyDelete