Monday, October 09, 2006

Second childhood

Just saw Jet Li's "Fearless" at the theaters tonight . . . with a couple of undergrad guys from my dorm. I predict that in three months' time, my only friends will be fellow Telluriders. The movie was really fun (I love Jet Li! I love martial arts movies!) and I'm learning that Keegan and Keith are really sweet guys.

Keegan is in the Marines, and an Urban Planning major, while Keith is a mathematician and a jazz musician. Keegan is really, really into being a Marine, so I'm learning a little more about that, especially since we both like to eat lunch right at 11:30am (along with Michael). Keith is the chair of the committee we're both on, and is a bit of a joker. They're all really funny actually, but Keith and Calvin are the more "serious" jokers.

I feel like I'm in college again. They're playing beer-pong in the dining room later tonight, but I will not be playing beer-pong with them since I learned during my college days that I'm allergic to beer.

Oh yeah, we're on Fall Break so that's why I went to see a movie on a Sunday night. Haven't done any work, but will work hard starting tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. "Fearless" was one of the better jet Li movies for me... and I felt it had "heart" too .. besides some pretty good martial arts choreography.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, definitely! very fun, and very beautiful to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen "Fearless", but was wondering if it was any good... thanks for the recommendation! I'll check it out...

    Enjoy your fall break! Relax while you can : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:25 PM

    I'm keen to learn beer pong.

    How does it work? Is it useable for youth ministry? Is 'beer' just a colloquial? Hahahaha!

    But seriously, how do we play it?

    ReplyDelete