Sunday, October 15, 2006

falling in love

. . . not with one person, but with my entire dorm. :) We had a Talent Night Show tonight, and I was just blown away by all the different acts: a comedy "blues" act with guitar and trumpet, an avant-garde piece (nothing happened), readings of stories, guitar/singing, Latin-Israeli dance, funnyman/straightman acts, lip-syncs to "Goldfinger," Aretha Franklin and the Backstreet Boys . . . these kids were really great. I had so much fun watching them.

Living here has really brought to life a range of emotions that I never would've felt had I continued to live off-campus in a tiny apt the landlords of Ithaca keep around for impoverished graduate students. It really is a kind of falling in love; messiness and all. :)

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:55 PM

    what act did you perform? :)

    nice one with the avant-garde (and nothing happening). must've been profound ;>)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hah . . . i was the clapper and laff-er. i am a very good member of the audience. they had me laughing so hard i had to wipe tears away from my eyes.

    the avant-garde piece was actually also a comedy act, so they got a few chuckles, but it was really literally about nothing. nothing really happened!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWww... must be kinda like being a mom... all your little chickadees are so grown up! You must be so proud : )

    ReplyDelete