Monday, October 29, 2007

hard weekend over!

We spent this weekend on admissions decisions for next year's House-members. And while it was long and tiring, it was ten times better than last year's processes!!

1. We don't hate each other.
2. I didn't even need a drink after last night's 14-hour session.
3. Most of us may have lost a favorite candidate or two, but in general, we all thought it was a good compromise on most of our parts. I learned from last year's admissions processes that the slate of final candidates is always at best a compromise. There's no way 25 people will like the same people we will be admitting into the house when we only have a few spots open.

My friends and I were passing notes back and forth during debate (we're not allowed to talk except when we have the floor officially) and I think I laughed a great deal. Last year, I was close to tears for portions of the meetings. This year, we left the room with mostly good feelings about the work we did, but of course, there are always problems with the process and The House will continue to have discussions about how to improve it. I'm so glad that's over!

I'm so tired I can't think.

4 comments:

  1. Nice to know.... now on to bigger matters, right? :-( That's life....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes, i wonder why i'm working so hard . . .

    ReplyDelete