Wednesday, October 17, 2007

herbs and multi-vitamins

For the past 3-4 years I've been a part of a reading group for Christian women who are either faculty, grad students, or staff at Cornelll, AND this year, women who are friends with any of the previous category have also joined us. Anyway. It's a great group.

I brought it up because a nutrition prof is one of the group's founders and we had a random conversation about how herbal supplements are made of herbs grown in the worst of soils . . . yuck! The lobby groups for herbal supplements are very strong and there's no regulation in that industry.

What will I do without echinacea pills the next time I have a cold? Hai. Friend Naomiobi said once that she takes multivitamins--I guess the next time I go to the store to replenish my fish oil capsules I'll get some too. Oh, and flu shot season has opened! I should get mine soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment