Wednesday, July 16, 2008

anticlimax

Passed the oral defense. Many revisions to do. Don't think I can finish them before I leave town. Advisor trying to find out from UCLA if I can file the final version in Sept. I am so exhausted I can't even think.

The revisions are conceptual. Very difficult. After reading through some of my chair's specific comments on the pages of my dissertation, I recognize that she is letting me go without making some of the other changes she would like me to make. The committee "just" wants me to make the larger conceptual changes that will bring the entire dissertation into clearer focus, that's all.

Thanks to friends J and K for being with me last night. The experience was quite overwhelming.

2 comments:

  1. May you receive much grace, wisdom and strength to complete this final lap!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the more i reflect on my experiences, the more i wonder if i made the right choices.

    ReplyDelete