Monday, July 28, 2008

Sigh. Never-ending.

Friend M looked at a nice small studio for me in S_nt_ Monica but she says for the price I'd be paying, I should keep looking around. The landlord to one other studio in roughly the same neighborhood sounded like a very not-nice-guy so I told Friend M she shouldn't even bother to look. We're still waiting to hear back from another landlord for a studio in W_stw__d which would be much closer to my new office/school. Most studios are going for about $1200 a month!

Also still waiting to hear back from Friend C about the apts she's looking at for me this weekend. She's looking at places in W_st L_ for me.

No word on the new visa, although when I was on the phone with peeps at U_LA, they thought I'd probably get it in time. I think they were trying to make me feel better after they stressed me out by telling me that I really need the visa or I won't be paid.

Work goes at a snail's pace. Fighting despair, fatigue, and anger all in turn.

Had a nice dinner at Sticky Rice with a couple of M'sian friends. Probably won't see them for awhile now as one of them works for X_rox in R_chester and the other will be starting a consulting position at M_cKenz__'s in P_ttsburg.

Then had a nice long walk and talk with Friend J_n after dinner.

It was really good to be with friends who aren't demanding and who don't stress me out.

2 comments:

  1. "It was really good to be with friends who aren't demanding and who don't stress me out."

    Best kind! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:59 AM

    awww that's nice!!

    ReplyDelete