Tuesday, July 08, 2008

celebration . . .

The first thing I did after dropping off copies of my diss in my profs' mailboxes was to go to the library and pick up some books. But they're not books related to my work! They're novels completely unrelated to my professional interests. After that, I went to my pilates class.

Yeap, that's how I'm celebrating. :) I really would like to go to Maine for a visit but the thought of driving for 8 hours each way makes my back hurt. Especially since I will have to go down to New York City in August to pick my mom and sis up. And the day after we get back to Ithaca (5 hrs away from the city) we embark on our 10-day, 4000-mile road trip across the country!

I will go white-water rafting next weekend, after my defense this coming Monday afternoon and that's a three hour drive away (in Pennsylvania). Lots of money spent on gas this summer!!!

Oops, I'm supposed to organize a cherry-picking expedition for this Sat!!! Should do that now before I forget.

3 comments:

  1. "Celebrate good time! Come on!!" (old Kool and the Gang song ... loses a lot without the singing and music! :-) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops ... typo and bad grammar It's - "Celebrate! Good times!! Come on!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. :):) truth be told, there are very few things I like better than reading. :):)

    of course, there are a few people i would like to spend time with now that i have time but they are all so far away from me!

    ReplyDelete