Tuesday, January 30, 2007

back from CT

The CT Open was so much fun!! In the mixed doubles, Alan and I won the first round easily, but came up against the eventual champions in the second round, haha. We still had a lot of fun playing Andy (whom we are friends with because we brought him up to Cornell for a coaching clinic last year) and his partner (a squash coach at Mt Holyoke). Scores were 21-9, 21-11, which I think were decent given that Andy was/is a pro player and Silvi was a pro in squash.

In the doubles, we got second in the consolation rounds (we were knocked right out of the main draw). Maybe if we had practiced together we'd have won. But we did fine and I definitely had a lot of fun.

I know though that because I'm not used to playing in tournaments, I still get horribly jittery and nervous and usually don't know what exactly I'm doing on court.

My head now really hurts, and I can't decide if I'm fatigued from the 6-hr drive last night, or from learning so much by watching/playing at the tournament. Playing competitive sports makes your brain work differently. :) I have a great deal of respect for players who take their games seriously.

No snow/ice/rain on the drives back and forth, so it was a pretty uneventful, if long, journey.

Much work to do now, sigh. I feel like my mind isn't working.

Also, more to report on re elections for leadership in the dorm. (I got voted in for one of the main leadership committees, but there's a story for that. It does mean more work.)

No comments:

Post a Comment