Friday, January 26, 2007

snow outside the window

this post isn't really about snow, but I just happened to glance out the window, and it's snowing pretty heavily! Doesn't look like it'll stick though. Looks more like lake-effect snow than the real deal.

Well, I'm driving down to Connecticut tomorrow evening for some badminton matches on Saturday. The Connecticut Open is Sat-Sun, but I suspect all of us will lose by Saturday evening. :):) It'll be nice to drive back early Sunday morning though, because we have elections in my dorm on Sun afternoon and I can't vote if I'm not present at the meeting.

I'm playing mixed-doubles with one of our freshman guys whom I'm not really used to playing with so even though he's a strong singles player, I don't expect much from our combination. Then I'm playing women's doubles with someone from New York City. I've seen her play before, but we've never played as partners! Plus, I'm still trying to get over this stinking cold!!!

Well, my partners are pretty relaxed, so we'll just try to have fun at the tournament this weekend. I'm pretty excited!

Oh, and I'm also excited that I've actually managed to get a goodly amount of writing done this past week so I won't feel at all guilty this weekend when I'm playing and hanging out with other badminton nutters!

3 comments:

  1. I want some snow! It's hot here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your badminton tournament, Z! Hope that your cold goes away before then : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. sivin: snow is nice to look at, but not nice to walk or drive through. :):)

    cat: i was still coughing a bit, and got winded quite often, but i'm not that much of a high-level player anyway, so it wasn't too bad.:) btw, i still can't access your blog!!! switch over to the new format, quick!

    ReplyDelete