Wednesday, January 31, 2007

random question

So . . . I can't really figure this out, and I don't think anyone can give me a hard and fast answer either, but I'm going to ask it anyway just to see how people respond. :) :)

You see, I have many friends who don't share my faith, and a good number of them are guys because I believe that men and women can have platonic relationships and if I weren't "allowed" to have guy friends, my life would be infinitely poorer. But of course, maintaining a platonic r/ship sometimes takes work . . . but so do my friendships with girls! All r/ships take work, basically.

I'm being long-winded only because I am anticipating in my mind some of the responses of the people I know (if they are indeed reading this blog!). Anyway. :):)

My question is, how do I react to male friends who fwd risque jokes to me? I don't want to make the generalization that men tend to gravitate toward more vulgar humor, but well . . . my women friends don't do that!!

I guess I'm not offended when I receive those emails, but it does make me want to keep more of a distance. :) And usually I just don't respond to the emails. But then again, most ppl don't respond to fwded jokes even when they enjoy them, so . . .

p.s - I really want to get a post out on the dorm elections and everything, but I'm afraid it'll take too much time. For the record, I'm writing page 26 now of that first chapter!! I want to finish it by tomorrow, and hopefully, I'll have about 28 pages (not inclusive of bibliography and endnotes).

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:49 AM

    i just wouldn't respond to those emails with the course jokes. if asked about not responding, then i'd be upfront and just tell them that it isn't that they offend you, but that you just don't care for them. since it doesn't bother you to receive them, i think just not responding would be the best course of action. now if they did bother you, then i would recommend just being upfront in a gracious way, of course. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a good plan!

    you know me, i can be upfront, but thx for the reminder to be gracious too!!!!! ;p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Z! I got my google account up! Okay, I'm going to bed for real : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. cat: i see your comment on my page, but i still can't access your page!!! i hope they iron out these bugs SOON.

    ReplyDelete