Friday, January 19, 2007

moving around

At T-House, most people change rooms every semester. We usually share a room, although there are sometimes 2 rooms used for singles, and singles are assigned based on seniority (i.e. if you've been here 3-4 years, you're likely to get a single one of the semesters). The shuffle also helps because not everyone gets a long with their roommates, and some rooms are bigger than others.

So I spent most of yesterday moving my things into my new room (just one door down, thankfully), and it took long because I had to move my friend's things out of her room before I could move my things in (she's not back yet). Anyway, I like the change because my new room is bigger, and I like my new roommate MUCH better than my last one. My old roommate was actually Person X, so those of you followed the saga know how much I enjoyed all that.

The only thing is, my new roommate (who is nice and cool and all that) tends to be a little noisier . . . a little more fond of talk, and she needs to use skype to talk to her family. It's no big deal right now, and hopefully we can work things out so I can sit quietly in my room for periods of time.

I'm one of those weird people who *like* and *need* to keep silent for hours on end, especially when I'm not "on duty."

4 comments:

  1. Ah, I'm with ya! Nothing more beautiful than the sound of silence : )

    Hope you can work the noise levels out and glad that you've put some distance between yourself and the X-factor!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dont know bout the saga but i figure there's some tradeoff in getting a bigger room with excess baggage eh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yup, i'm enjoying all this space! but i will discipline myself to keep the space that i have somewhat empty . . . not fill it up with clutter or "things," i mean.

    and new roommate has picked up on my need for quiet. :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. Yeah, it's SO easy to "grow into" (and quickly out of) a place... then when you have to move again, it's like how did I ever accumulate so much stuff?! Be careful!

    Glad it's working out!

    ReplyDelete