Wednesday, February 18, 2009

falling back into normal


After meeting my deadline last week, my body crashed again. I've been sleeping about 10-12 hours a day for the past few days but I'm no longer worried. I'm resigned to how my body has to recover after I push it hard for awhile, and I look forward to how my body will recover so that I can work with pleasure again.

This morning, I woke up feeling a little better than I did the past couple of days and the next week looks pretty interesting as far as postdoc commitments go--a couple of interesting lectures and hopefully I'll have the energy to start reading a couple of books that I've been wanting to read for awhile now. Hopefully, I won't have another unexpected crazy deadline any time soon.

2 comments:

  1. May be time for me to "crash" soon :-)

    "Falling" back to normal is an interesting phrase ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. crashing is actually pretty nice, esp since i've learned not to be unduly worried about it. :)

    i have this unpleasant image of myself sitting in front of the computer when i need to churn something out. you know, the classic head/neck-jutting-out position that most of us assume in front of the computer. in badminton, because i usually play in front (for mixed doubles), my upper body usually leans forward as well. so in my mind, "concentration" usually means that one or more parts of my body are angled forward. :):)

    actually, i just looked at my personal timetable for the month of march and i don't know how i'm going to do all that i need to do. help.

    ReplyDelete