Saturday, February 21, 2009

This image is appropos of nothing personal

I stumbleupon-ed this drawing and its caption on this site and couldn't resist putting it up because the analogy it draws is ironic and socially relevant.

On another note, I came upon a different sort of realization last night during my church home group meeting. It's not very profound but it was personally timely and helpful. My desires and dreams are important and relevant. But in the face of God, they become less so. This is not to say that I will repress whatever hopes and fears I have, and letting them go does not mean they are not important or that they are morally wrong. It just means that God matters more, that's all.

That realization not only freed me to acknowledge that I have desires, it also freed me from being consumed by them.

2 comments:

  1. i love such moments of clarity.:) they don't only make my life simpler, they make life infinitely more pleasurable too. :)

    ReplyDelete