Saturday, February 07, 2009

oh no, not again . . .

You know, I think that a lot of my stress is also partly a result of multiple and repeated UNEXPECTED deadlines that disrupt whatever schedule I have in my head. Okay, some deadlines I can predict, and some deadlines should have been predicted, but then there are those things that are impossible to predict. Those "unknown unknowns"--I can't believe I'm quoting Dick Cheney, ptooey--such as the one that was made known this morning, are like a blow to the head.

I am busy enough! I have enough to do, really! I'm not bored! I can't remember the last time I actually felt bored! The last thing I need right now is something that, while good, just leaves me a little . . . breathless. I want to sit and hold my head and not do anything--the very posture that I cannot adopt. Okay, maybe I will do just that for a couple of minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment