Wednesday, February 04, 2009

the ride doesn't end

I still feel like I'm on a roller-coaster with very high highs and very low lows. I supposed I should resign myself to it!

Lunch in Chinatown last weekend was pretty bad, actually. I can't believe any restaurant in Chinatown can serve food that badly cooked. Most of its patrons were non-Chinese, so no wonder. But after lunch we did grocery shopping and it turned out we were there in time to see their annual CNY parade! It was a bit strange as you can see from the pictures my friend S took.

This week, I'll be happy to get as much work done as possible. Feeling pretty tired out again but I need to turn in textbook requests this week besides all my usual work. This Sunday, Friend M--the tallest one in the Chinatown pictures--is having us over at her place for empanadas, the Argentinian version of curry puff. The dough is heavier and the filling has no curry. :) So, I do have fun times to look forward too. I just wish I weren't so tired all the time!!!!

Oh yeah, and I played badminton last Friday. I was so happy to be playing and I can't understand why I ever stopped. But I also did bruise my big toe badly from lunging for a shuttle and I'm hoping that I will be able to play this Friday. If I could move faster, I wouldn't have to lunge and risk bruising my toe. But I haven't had time/energy to run or practice sprints. The bottom of my big toenail is purple and black now which means I can look forward to growing a new toenail over the next few weeks. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment