Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Monday

I've always been somewhat perplexed by friends who live in the non-academic world, especially when they complained about hating Mondays. Why should Monday be any different?? What, you mean you don't work on weekends?? But I've been trying to take weekends off most weeks for the past few months now and have gotten a taste for what it's like to actually have weekends off.

I woke up today wishing it was the start of the weekend. I've noticed that when I take time off to rest on weekends--without running errands, cleaning, paying bills, or trying to catch up on work--I am much more productive and excited to be back at work on Mondays.

Oh, and I've been assigned to teach on Fridays from 2-5pm in the Spring quarter. My friends tell me I won't have any students. Great.

1 comment:

  1. LOL I love Mondays - I am off on Mondays ... except for nights (prayer meeting!)

    ReplyDelete